February 2015 brings in a number of smaller fixes and enhancements based on customer requests and feedback. We’ve also added a great collaborative document sharing feature allowing simple document sharing with external parties without the need for full client connect enabling.
We’re working hard on Case Scripting for our next release, this will expose a Case level API allowing for custom macros that can be written and executed when cases are opened.
We’re always keen to hear your feedback on any aspect of SaasCase, we’re always listening and delivering what our customers need to streamline their business processes.
Collaborative Document Sharing
Document sharing to allow your users to quickly and easily share documents with your clients and other third parties
All document files within Docs and Comms now have the “Share Link” functionality within their contextual dropdown
When chosen users can choose various options such as password protection for document shares and expiry dates for document shares.
When users visit a shared link they have been supplied they will be presented with a password option if this has been set by the sharer.
If the password is correct the user is free to download the original document that has been shared.
Overdue tasks dashboard widget
A customer request, simply showing overdue tasks on the dashboard of the system. A simple productivity enhancer.
Overdue tasks now appear in red to increase visibility
Our users rarely miss the tasks they have been set, but for the odd occasion where a task is late, we’ve made it much more obvious that it needs attention.
New Custom Field Control – Select Internal Users
A new custom field control which allows the selection of internal system users, allowing for better accountability within case workflows.
New Custom Field Control – Line Break
A simple custom field control that helps , this is a pre-cursor to our enhanced Custom Field Group Pages.
Added “Create Call Note” and “Create Note” to the Dashboard Quick Add menu
A simple change to allow Quick Add access to creating Notes and Call Notes
Bug fixes / Smaller Enhancements
- General stability and performance enhancements
- Fixed several issues with dialogs around the system, increased compatibility with lower screen resolutions
- Correct default sort order on search results now correct.
- Wording changes across various dialogs in the system.
- Fixed random scrolling / repositioning issue when switching tabs in a case view.
- Made the default sort order for Milestones, ascending on Due Date, added a sortable Due Date column
- When adding custom fields with multi-values, the value field is now mandatory.
- Custom Fields -> Label controls, now rendering correctly
- Contact Custom Field groups now respect their inactive and active states.
- Date + Time Fields always firing mandatory completion resolved
- Settings Screen -> Reports, now showing as active when reports are selected
- Removed the “Print” button on the Create Note and Create Call Note dialogs
- Improvements to Document Preview functionality
- Extra Table Control data now available within document creation functionality
- Reintroduced label selection for reports
- Edit and Set Inactive now available for Hyperlink Docs and Comms objects
- Default labels on document templates working correctly
- Fixed, issue preventing adding a second contact during case creation.
- Case Scripting API V1
- Custom Field Group Pages
- Client Code Editing
- Changing Case Types after case creation
- Case Locking
- Contact Locking
- Document Locking
- Related cases module