Our January 2015 release is a substantial release of the SaasCase system, we’ve went back to basics and revisited the architecture of the system to allow us to make changes easier in later versions. We’ve re-written the core of the system, introduced efficiencies and speed increases through-out.
Along the way we’ve added a number of new features, removed some redundant functionality, implemented smaller changes to ease usability and fixed a number of issues. Changes in upcoming releases include better document management features, document editing and more robust custom field layouts.
As ever, we’d love to hear your feedback on any aspect of SaasCase, we’re always listening and delivering what our customers need to streamline their business processes.
Live Document Previews
SaasCase has some of the most advanced document automation and generation features of any web app today, to enhance this further we’ve implemented Live Document Previews. This allows users to quickly view a preview of the document they are about to create, meaning if they have chosen the incorrect document template or have missed some key information from the document, this can be fixed before saving the document to case.
Alongside this we’ve made some small changes to the Create Document dialog to make things a little easier to navigate.
Document previews without downloading
Another small feature of Live Document Previews is that users can use the contextual menu beside a document to click the “Preview” option and be provided with an in-browser view of the document. This means users can quickly review any case documentation without having to download documents and open them in Microsoft Word (Or an equivalent)
Exciting news: Live Document previews paves the way towards in-browser document editing, this is a feature we’re testing behind the scenes and hope to be able to bring to you soon.
Outgoing SMS and SMS Templates
We’ve overhauled our approach to communications within SaasCase with our major architecture refactor, as such it makes it easier for us to add in new custom integrations to increase customer communication capability.
The first of these integrations is the ability to send either custom or template based SMS’s to your clients.
Coming Soon: SMS batch capability, integrating SMS’s with reporting and scheduling like is currently possible with emails. SMS your clients automatically to chase outstanding items or alert them to upcoming milestones.
Draft Email Capabilities
We know that writing emails to clients can be a long and detailed process, as such, we’ve listened to feedback and have added a “Save Draft” option to SaasCase.
“Save Draft” allows users to work on long, detailed emails at their own pace and return to edits at a later date. Draft emails are clearly marked so users can determine which emails are sent and which are not.
Several customers have requested the ability to print Notes from within cases. We’ve added a print icon within the View Note dialog, when clicked this opens the Note in a new window ready for printing.
Client Connect Updates
Client Connect has seen a bunch of stability changes in this release.
- Client Connect users can send Instant Messages to internal users (internal users can also reply to these)
- Client Connect users can upload documents that can help speed up any transactional processes
- Key case information is shown to Client Connect users
- Client Connect invites can be sent to Company user types and well as individuals
Enhanced System Stats Page
Customers have been asking us for a better way to keep track of their system entitlement and usage, we’ve redesigned the System Payment Information page to make it more informative as well as giving users full flexibility to enable and disable optional features based on their needs.
Bug Fixes / Smaller Enhancements
- Carriage returns now working properly within emails
- New system footer showing page rendering information
- System Schedules, updated for efficiency and future portability
- Notes, size of notes fields expanded
- Special characters (<, >, etc) were causing some issues with note saving, now fixed
- Set Public, Set Private wording now consistent within Docs and Comms objects
- Removing obsolete functionality from Client Connect
- Various issues with Client Connect now resolved
- Small issues with SaasCase Dashboard resolved
- Better error messages throughout the system
- Issue where relationships dropdown would show all relationship types resolved
- Ability to change the names and descriptions of Milestone (Case Plan) groups
- System.Xml.XPathNodeList message sometimes visible during template creation, fixed
- In-browser document and document template editing
- Document Lock / Unlock
- Batch SMS feature
- Client Code editing
- Related cases module
- Contact and Case locking to avoid editing
- New Custom Field Type – Line Break Control
- New Custom Field Type – Internal user search
- Create Call and Create Note additions to the “Quick Add” menu on SaasCase dashboard
- Send documents to clients as secure hyperlinks
- Full text search on all document content